How to improve reliability when connecting Gateway M-1618 laptop with a Pioneer KRP-500M TV using HDMI?
Problem is that HDMI connection dissappears every minute or so for about 1-2 seconds. That is TV goes blank. This happens when using resolution native to laptop 1280x800.
What I have tried:
- switched HDMI cable (no improvement)
- tried both HDMI connections on TV (no improvement)
- switched display mode to HDMI out only (blank laptop screen) unsure if this helped
- changed display resolution to 800x600 (this seems to help, but is not optimal!)
Specs: Laptop Gateway M1618:
- graphics ATI Radeon X1270 256MB hypermemory
- native resolution 1280x800 (WXGA)
- HDMI 1.2
- Technology TFT active matrix
- Resolution 1920 x 1080
- Display Format 1080p (FullHD)
- 2 HDMI connections (19 pin Type A) unsure what standard it supports
My theory is that something can't handle larger data streams that 1280x800 provide (as opposed to 800x600), or there is some sync problem. TV plays Blue Ray fine, so the problem more likely is with laptop.
Hoping someone more experienced with HDMI can provide some ideas to try.