My Firefox configuration is tricky:
- Firefox runs at separate restricted user account which cannot connect to main X server.
- Firefox uses Xvfb (virtual "headless" X server) as X server.
- x11vnc is running on that Xvfb.
- On the main X server there is vncviewer running that connect to this x11vnc
On powerful laptop (Acer Extensa 5220) it seems to work more or less well, but on "Acer Aspire One" netbook it is slowish (on a background that firefox is loaded with lots of extensions).
How to optimise this scheme? Requirements:
- Browser cannot connect to main X server.
- Browser should be in chroot jail (no "suid" scripts, readonly for many things)
- Browser should have a lot of features (like in AutoPager, NoScript, WoT, AdBlockPlus)