For about 6 months now I have been having this weird problem where Windows 7 fails to fully boot correctly. What happens is this.
Starting Windowsshows up on the screen.
- Then 3 out of 4 times nothing else happens, no Windows Flag animation, just nothing occurs.
- After 3 or 4 restarts repeating steps 1-2 above, the Windows Flag animation finally shows up and everything works as expected.
My question is what is causing this problem in steps 1 and 2? Because I have tried the following with no luck:
- Error checking and correcting of any disk errors
- Updating drivers
- Doing a clean install of Windows 7
My setup is as follows:
- Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
- 8 GB RAM
- 128 GB Crucial SSD (firmware 0005)
- Dell Latitude E6410
- Intel Wireless and Graphics
Other than what I have tried above I am totally out of ideas and looking for some new ones to try.