Every year, due to re-imaging, I am forced to find a way to install the Japanese language pack on a collection of 30 computers. Each year I look for a way to automate this process, and each year I am forced to do this manually. Maybe this year will be different. Has anyone had any luck with installing and configuring far east language support for windows 7 without user interaction?
I have already downloaded kb972813 and have a way to get it out to the computers. What I normally do is this:
- Run the EXE, use the default settings.
- Open up language settings and create the JP keyboard.
- Configure the language bar settings.
- Copy settings to default user.
- Delete the local user cache.
- Sign the different user accounts in to make sure that the default settings are correct.
This whole process takes about 10 minutes, multiply that out by 30 machines and you are looking at a 5 hour process. If I can log into all of the computers at once, I can normally cut that down to about an hour.
Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance