I am using Windows Media Center and have come across the ridiculousness that is DRM (ala can't play DVD/Blu Ray from computer through Xbox 360 extender onto the tv).
I am looking to do something about this by upgrading my video card so that the computer will be directly hooked up to the TV over HDMI.
My PCI slot setup is:
PCI Express 2.0 x16 - 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
PCI Express x16 - 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4_X1)*
When the PCIEX1_2 slot is populated with an expansion card, the PCIEX4_X1 slot will operate at up to x1 mode.
I need to have both monitors connected while HDTV is connected as well.
I am considering two options:
- Add a second video card running in Crossfire that would be used for the HDTV
- Replace my existing video card with a new single card with three outputs (2 DVI & 1 HDMI)
Would it be better (no bugginess) to add a second video card to to my system in Crossfire or would it be better to scrap the card and replace it with a whole new card?
My computer setup is:
- Win7 Home Premium x64
- Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 LGA 1156 (with Crossfire support)
- Core i7-860
- 4 GB DDR3
- XFX HD-465X-ZDF2 Radeon HD 4650 1GB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 (Dual DVI output)
- Dual DVI (non-HDCP) monitor setup