I always used PS/2 KB and Mouse and a USB KeyPad (Genius ErgoMedia 500 Gaming Explorer) to play some games, MMORPG, FPS, etc.
I have a USB mouse that has 4 extra buttons, and I need more. If I plug in the USB mouse and disconnect the PS/2, everything is okay until I touch the mouse. If I do so, the ErgoMedia goes off, then on, then I move the mouse or press a button and it happens all over again.
Yesterday, I bought a new mouse that I liked, also a USB mouse (NPlay with macros and all that stuff, 3600 DPI) I was hoping that the problem was only with the other mouse, but no.. It does the exact same thing, ErgoMedia keeps disconecting and conecting every time I touch the mouse.
What I already did:
- Updated drivers of both mouses
- Updated drivers of ErgoMedia (no specific drivers(Windows based))
- Updated drivers of MB Chipset (Actualy no, cause it was up to date allready)
- Tried other USB Ports (4 Ports back, 4 Ports Front and even 1 Port in 16 card slot device)
- Disabled the "Allows Windows to shut down the energy, etc." thing in Device Setings.
- Looked up in the Device Setings only apear a problem on the ergomedia (Human interface Device) when I move the damned mouse
- Used Everest to read the behavior, everything normal, excepts the disconecting thing, but no errors.
- Ruled out the power suply, only the ErgoMedia and the mouse are in the USBs, and I already disable the 16 card reader with one USB slot to see.
- Cleaned the IRQ registry.
Machine: Acer M3641 Core2Quad 64x Based OS Vista 64b 4GbRAM HD Audio and Graphics