I'm doing IT support for a small volunteer organisation who needs to centrally store and organize around 2500 photos. Can anyone here recommend a database or similar system which matches the following criteria:
- Intuitive to use for users with little computer experience
- Multi-user support, ideally with integration in our existing LDAP user directory
- Should have a web-interface
- Not a hosted solution like Picasa (because we have a rather slow internet connection with very slow upload)
- Should allow tagging of images, sorting by various criteria and storing copyright information
If there are native GNOME and/or Windows clients for the tool, that would be a great benefit.
Many thanks in advance!