I destroy about two wired headsets per year because of somehow breaking their cables and I'm looking for a wireless alternative for quite a while already. My requirements seem to be a big problem for the market today, so please tell me if you know something that matches at least some of them:
- It should be wireless, Bluetooth would be best, because I'd like not to have to add another dongle to my laptop which already includes an internal Bluetooth adapter. Also this would allow me to interface with my mobile phone too.
- The wireless protocol should be protected from eavesdropping through trustworthy cryptography.
- It must have a microphone and it should be a good one, which captures my voice and not some other crap.
- It should induce a minimum of additional latency to the communication.
- It should be powered by a rechargeable battery unit which should allow about 8 hours (or more) of continuous voice communication. A standard rechargeable battery unit which can be replaced if broken would be even better.
- It should be at least able to output stereo audio and simultaneously allow usage of the microphone.
- A button to mute the microphone and optionally buttons to accept calls and control my media-player would be handy.
- Ideally, no ultra-annoying ultra-bright blinking LEDs pointing anywhere near my screen or my eyes.
The most promising thing I saw until now was the discontinued Plantronics Pulsar 590, but it seems all second-hand devices have broken and unreplacable battery packs.