Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have a wired network and my neigbhors offered to share wireless internet. How do I connect my ethernet networks to wireless. I don't understand There is ethernet port, wire and where d o I plugin other wire? Because wirless has no port, it's wireless, how is this even possible?

Ok so then We go to the beach and there is wireless there and we don't use wire to connect there, but to connect my wired network to wireless network how can I does?

share|improve this question

To link your wired network to your neighbour's wireless, you will need to connect a Wireless Bridge to your network and associate it with their wireless access point - or do something less ideal like drill a hole in the wall and connect a network cable to their equipment, if they have any spare data ports - even then, this idea is only really possible if you live right next door with only an internal wall between the two of you.

There's a few other ways it can be done, but a wireless bridge is probably the simplest - any decent computer supplier will stock these.

share|improve this answer
thank you mah frienz – user69515 Feb 28 '11 at 13:11
what bridge you recommends? neatgear, linksys, do you know price? – user69515 Feb 28 '11 at 13:12
Most of the consumer-grade wireless bridges behave in very similar ways and so prices are close too. The main difference will be whether you want a bridge with a single data port (to connect to your network), or multiple ports, a built in print server etc. I would see what your favourite supplier has in stock. – Linker3000 Feb 28 '11 at 13:34

You need a wireless bridge or a wireless gaming adapter, which is a device that connects to a wireless network and provides one or more wired Ethernet ports. These devices are often used to connect gaming consoles and other devices to a wireless network when the devices themselves don't have wi-fi connectivity, hence they are sometimes called gaming adapters.

share|improve this answer
thank you mah frienz appreciate your times in assistence, hope i can do same to you – user69515 Feb 28 '11 at 13:20

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.