I want to create the following scenario:
- I make changes on a HDD folder (this folder is backed up on the cloud using Dropbox, SpiderOak or [insert your favourite])
- I make changes on a USB flash drive folder
- I plug the USB flash drive into the machine, and now I can manually synch the two folders
How can I achieve this in Windows 7 using free or open source software?
Bonus marks if:
- the option to synch pops up automatically
- the diffing is readable
- it's cross-platform
- it's actually version control requiring minimal setup and interfacing
Currently I'm thinking a WinMerge shortcut will do the trick, but I was hoping something a bit nicer might exist.