Take the 2-minute tour ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I have following two columns of data in excel 2007:

a  1
b  2

What I need to swap the view to:

a  b  ...
1  2  ...

I think there is way to do it in excel 2007. Is this possible?

share|improve this question

migrated from stackoverflow.com Mar 4 '11 at 8:34

This question came from our site for professional and enthusiast programmers.

Not programming related. However, what you're looking for is a pivot table. Search for doing pivots in your excel help. –  Will Mar 9 '09 at 17:58

1 Answer 1

No VBA programming necessary.

Just Copy, Paste Special, then check the "transpose" box.

share|improve this answer
that's great. No need to write VBA codes event not hard. –  David.Chu.ca Mar 9 '09 at 18:08

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.