Take the 2-minute tour ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I'm looking for an adapter that lets me connect my Headset (1 headphone connector, 1 microphone connector) to my laptop, which has headphone/microphone combination connector, like it can be found on the iPhone. I can find connectors that lets you split audio in two for two headphones, but I can't find a headphone/microphone combination adapter. What product name should I be looking for?

share|improve this question

2 Answers 2

up vote 1 down vote accepted

I think I would start by looking at Headset Buddy, you may find cheaper by searching based on some of the terms found on the website. But they certainly seem to specialize in this type of product.

share|improve this answer
Thanks. I was rather looking for an European Seller, but it's good to know an alternative if I don't find anything in Europe. Still, I can't find anything when searching for similar product names in local web shops –  private_meta Mar 4 '11 at 16:35
Apparently I won't find anything else. Thanks for that reply. –  private_meta Mar 14 '11 at 13:11
To me it seems like any decent shop has what your looking for. But if you want the opposite of what you want - that is you have a single cord headset which you want to use on your computer with separate microphone and headset connections - then you'll definitely find this site interesting. –  Timo Lehto Aug 15 '12 at 13:13

Today, I was looking for the same thing and as far as I can tell found what you (and I) were looking for:

3.5mm 4 Position to 2x 3 Position 3.5mm Headset Splitter Adapter - M/F

I have no idea how long the above link will work, but their product name should give some hint at what you need to look for.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.