Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have no idea how to go about looking for this utility, so I though I would ask here. I recall a small utility that would add Compiz like effects on Windows. It was relatively small, and was released a few years ago. Does anyone know what it was called, and where I can get it?

EDIT: It does not add the desktop cube or window switchers. It is more like the Compiz panel, where you can check/uncheck the effects that you want. The effects are applied to windows, and is stuff like fade, blur, etc.

share|improve this question

The only one I remember is Desk Hedron. From the page, it looks like it only supports Win2k and WinXP.

Desk Hedron Link

share|improve this answer
No. That's not it. I edited the question to try to describe it in more detail. – Soumya Mar 7 '11 at 15:16
@ Soumya92 The only other ones I found were WinSplit Revolution and Yod’m 3D. There is also this link although I couldn't verify it due to the network I'm on: 3D Effects – Vert Mar 7 '11 at 15:26
Nod the one I was looking for either. These are good programs to be sure, but not what I am looking for. – Soumya Mar 7 '11 at 20:58
up vote 0 down vote accepted

I found the program. It's called Nimi Visuals.,Why-love-Nimi-Visuals.html

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.