I was able to mount my 2008 Airport Extreme's external USB drive in Ubuntu 12.04 with the following command:
sudo mount -t cifs //10.0.1.1/SHARE -o username=stevehhh,password=mypasswd /media/airport
Note that you'll need to customise the above command for your own Airport setup, by ensuring that the following parameters are correct for you:
- The IP address of your Airport Extreme (above, mine is 10.0.1.1).
- The name of the share (above, it's "SHARE").
- The username to access the share (I just used the same username as on my Mac: stevehhh, which happens to also be my username on the Ubuntu system. However, I can still connect even if I set this to a non-existent account, such as foofoo123. If I omit the username parameter altogether, however, the mount command fails).
- The password for the Airport share (above it's "mypasswd").
- The name of a folder where you'd like the Airport drive mounted (above, /media/airport).