Take the 2-minute tour ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I have a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro joystick that I would liek to use with my Windows 7 PC, but I need some kind of adapter that will allow me to use USB instead of the gameport adapter that the joystick has.

Where can I buy something like this?

What are some experiences you have with this or other joysticks using adapters for modern games like Battlefield etc.

share|improve this question
Did you get this working? –  Caltor Sep 27 '13 at 18:08
@Caltor I ended up buying a new USB joystick –  Lars Oct 1 '13 at 13:58

2 Answers 2

First, according to the Windows 7 Compatibility pages, that joystick will work in Windows 7 without additional drivers.

Additionally, you can get Game Port to USB adapters. A company named Logilink makes one (I'm sure there are others as well).

Logilink Game port to USB adapter

You could also get yourself a cheap Windows 7 compatible sound card that contains a game port.

Cheap Soundcard with Game Port

share|improve this answer

don't bother.... buy a new gamepad/joystick. Windows 7 does not support this device and there is no type of driver for them. It sucks but you will save a lot of stress, time, and a little money by just buying a new gamebad.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.