Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm thinking about getting a TV while I live in the UK but I'm going to be moving back to the US eventually. If I bring the TV back over will it work?

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by Majenko, Shinrai, ChrisF, Sathya Mar 15 '11 at 16:15

Questions on Super User are expected to relate to computer software or computer hardware within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Per the FAQ, Super User is only for questions about computer hardware and computer software. – Shinrai Mar 15 '11 at 16:09
up vote 2 down vote accepted

A plug adapter would be needed unless it comes with one and the TV would need to operate at 100V. It also needs to be able to handle NTSC formats as that is the default in the US. It also needs to handle the 60Hz refresh rate; as the UK operates on 50Hz.

Most of these features should be part of any newer mid-range television however; it is always best to make sure.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.