Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Possible Duplicate:
Very simple video editor

I want to modify the text inside video, can anyone please recommend the software which can modify the frame of video? I am using windows operating system? If its not possible then please tell the software which can blur the particular portion of video.

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by BloodPhilia, Mehper C. Palavuzlar, ChrisF, Joe Taylor, studiohack Mar 17 '11 at 15:10

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

@BloodPhilia I have to modify the frames inside video and I think window movie maker can't do this. – Siddiqui Mar 17 '11 at 9:39
@Arman There's another suggestions (answer) to the dupe question that WILL do that... Sony Vegas. – BloodPhilia Mar 17 '11 at 9:40
@BloodPhilia I haven't use Sony Vegas before. What do you think Sony Vegas can resolve my problem? – Siddiqui Mar 17 '11 at 9:43
@Arman I'm pretty sure it can, I use WMM for all simple edits and Sony Vegas Pro for all the things WMM can't do. I know for a fact you can blur an area, as I have done this with someone's face once. – BloodPhilia Mar 17 '11 at 9:44
Ok BloodPhilia thanks a lot for your suggestion. I'll try your recommendation. – Siddiqui Mar 17 '11 at 9:46
up vote 2 down vote accepted

If I understand your question correctly, you can't do that. If you want to take a finished video which includes "super" text (text on top of the video) and you do not have the separate video file without the text available, it is not practical to change the text to be different text. You can blur it or cover it with a colored box, but you can't change it to be different letters.

If you want to change subtitles, on the other hand, many video packages can do that. If so, please edit your question to explain exactly what you want to do.

EDIT: Having read your comments: almost any video editor can blur a portion of the screen. My former employer (with which I have no current business relationship) has an article on their web site that might be helpful:

share|improve this answer

You can use a freeware video processing utility like VirtualDub, for which there are several filters available for free download (try Either the box blur or delogo filter can do what you want.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .