- The path to the Icon is valid (Ex. "C:\MyIcon.ico")
- The path to the Target was valid (Ex. "N:\My Folder\MyApp.exe")
- I did not touch the shortcut file at all
- I renamed the folder on the file system (Ex. "N:\My Folder2\MyApp.exe")
- Icon disappears (see below)
The same situation does not cause icon to disappear on Windows 7. This is a problem because the target in on a network drive, and when user is not connected to network, or VPN, the icon disappears, even if the icon file is stored and referenced locally.
Is this just a problem with Windows XP? Or is there anything that I can do to avoid the icon disappearing when disconnected from network?