I have selected a 5 column by 20 row block in an Excel 2003 SP3 spreadsheet. I have selected Sum from the quick calc options in the status bar. However, the status bar shows a total of £24,000 when it should be ~12,000. The Sum calculation is wrong.
I have done the following to try and diagnose the cause:
- Reviewed each cell in the selection for a value hidden by colour formatting (none).
- Tried to Unhide any potentially hidden rows.
- Reviewed the selection for rogue formulas (none).
- Copied the data to a new sheet and tried the same Sum. This works correctly!
- Quick summed each 1*20 column in turn (individually they sum correctly).
Question: What are ALL of the potential causes of such an incorrect calculation?