Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have 1 monitor and 2 PCs. I would like to connect either PC via DVI cable with a single monitor. Does exists some DVI cable with 2 IN connector and 1 Output (monitor) with the possibility to switch it ?

share|improve this question
up vote 5 down vote accepted

The KVM tag says it all. You should be looking for something like this. Your keyboard, mouse and monitor plug into the KVM, and then the KVM plugs into your two computers.

share|improve this answer
I know, but i would like to know if exists some specific cable.. not kvm! – stighy Mar 25 '11 at 17:53
Every KVM I've ever used uses standard cables for the mouse, keyboard and monitor (be they PS/2 or USB, VGA or DVI), and either cables that can't be detached from the KVM or a set of special cables supplied with the KVM for connecting to the computers. If you're looking for a cable that just goes from your monitor to 2 computers, I'm sorry, but they don't exist. – MBraedley Mar 25 '11 at 20:38

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.