Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I absolutely love using the keyboard for doing things and use Win7's Win+Left, Win+Right, Win+Up, etc a lot. They save so much time.

However, a friend of mine who uses fluxbox for a window manager has shortcuts for nudging windows by a few pixels in a given direction. I would very much like to do the same - does anyone know of software of built-in functionality to do this in Windows 7?

Thank you!

share|improve this question
This is not a duplicate of… - this question is about a pure keyboard shortcut, while the other involves a mouse. Please open it back up. – Artem Russakovskii Apr 27 '11 at 23:51
@studiohack Commenting with your name to bring your attention back to this. – Artem Russakovskii Apr 27 '11 at 23:53
Well, the answer would be to use alt+space to emulate right clicking on the title bar, and m to select move, followed by the answer above. – Theo Belaire Apr 28 '11 at 0:02
Damn, I'm already used to Alt-Space being the Launchy shortcut. – Artem Russakovskii May 4 '11 at 1:12
up vote 1 down vote accepted

WindowSpace provides this functionality. See

share|improve this answer
Works like a charm. It's not free, but it does the job. I'd prefer a free alternative, but I'll take this for now. – Artem Russakovskii May 19 '11 at 23:41

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.