After partitioning a Dell Precision 490 workstation, it did not start up again.
The symptoms are as follows:
- I saw the DELL logo screen with the F2 and F12 text
The next screen passes very quicly showing the following message:
Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A04 Copyright 1985-1988 Phoenix Technologies Ltd Copyright 1990-2006 Dell Inc. All Rights Recerved Dell System Precision WorkStation 490 Series BIOS version A04 www.dell.com Performing automatic IDE configuration...
Then, the next screen hangs with the following message:
Serial ATA AHCI BIOS, Version iSrc 1.02.23 11212006 Copyright (c) 2003-2006 Intel Corporation Controller Bus#00, Device#1F, Function#02: 05 Ports, 02 Devices _
The underscore keeps blinking, and the fan sounds as if the computer works
- On the startup screen, if I press F12 nothing happens
- On the startup screen, if I press F2, the text turns into
Entering setup, but the previous message appears again on the screen and and the computer hangs, so, I can not get access to BIOS setup
- I already reset the system board, as the manual says
- The computer has two hard drives
- It is connected to a 24 inches monitor through a DVI-D cable
What can be happening?