Okay here is what I've tried so far for creating relative links in my MS Word Documents.
- In my document from the ribbon I select the
- I then select
Infofrom the side bar.
- Click the properties drop down from the right hand column. (a bit difficult to find initially, since it looks like text not a drop down, but it's there).
- Click Advanced Properties
- The <document-name>.docx Properties Dialog Appears
- I enter
.\to specify that I want a relative path for the links in my document.
- I click OK.
- I go back into my document select some text and attempt to make a link out of it clicking the
Inserttab of the ribbon, and then clicking
- I then select a document from the current folder, and strip the full path from it, leaving just the name of the .docx file to which I wish to link.
- Then I click
- The link appears, I try to click it using Ctrl+Click. I am informed that the address of the site is not valid. Check the address and try again.
What could I possibly be doing wrong here? I just want a relative link. It's so easy in to do this in HTML.