Easy problem to replicate:
- Create new VM using VMware Workstation (v7.1)
- Use typical install from ISO rhel-server-6.0-x86_64-dvd_1.iso and accept all defaults
- Get VMware error: "Could not prepare the install disc at D:\Documents and Settings\bleavett\My Documents\Downloads\rhel-server-6.0-x86_64-dvd_1.iso. Make sure that you are using a valid Linux install disc. If this error persists, you may need to reinstall VMware Workstation."
- Use typical install but select 'I will install the OS later', select 'Linux->Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5' or 64-bit equivalent (v6 is not available in list) and accept all other defaults
- Before boot point CD/DVD drive at ISO
- Get this error
I just want to install it!! Any ideas what I can do to get around this or what it's complaining about?
Thanks in advance, Ben