Recently I have downloaded a game patch from a torrent. The total patch size was ~528 MB and the torrent has shown 235 MB as "wasted", with 0 hashfails. Some other things I remember about the download:
- my client is uTorrent 2.2.1
- While downloading, there were ~250 peers connected, the torrent had ~70 seeds.
- My download speed was limited to 50 kB/s
When searching documentation to learn what "wasted" means, I have found a following mention in the uTorrent documentation:
In many cases, this is an indication that the swarm you are connected to is fake or poisoned and set up by some anti-P2P organization. ... Another source of hashfails may be your router.
I am not sure I understand this correctly, but it seems that the fact I have no hashfails at all does not match the situation described.
- What can be a source of wasted data when there are no hashfails?
- Is this something to worry about, and if it is, what can be done to improve it? However, what I think does not match this descptio