I have several Firefox profiles and I have them pinned to my taskbar.
Since i installed windows 7 SP1 I can no longer have both there. Is there a way to fix this so that I can have multiple instances of the same program pinned at once?
You either pin an application or a document to an application. I guess you want the first behavior where you have more than one pinned application on the taskbar itself. I thus suggest you to rename each instance of Firefox and leave the default (in which new links should open) named
So you have:
Then just change the shortcut properties so that each loads a different profile.
In case anyone stumbles upon this, it's actually really simple to setup Firefox profiles to group into separate taskbar pins like the Chrome profile manager works.
I like to have a separate "personal" and "work" Firefox profile with separate shortcuts pinned side by side:
• Launch Firefox and go to about:config.
• Add New > Boolean > "taskbar.grouping.useprofile" > true.
• Next, close and relaunch a new instance of Firefox using RUN > "firefox.exe -P [profile] -no-remote"
• Pin this app icon to the taskbar.
• Now, navigate to C:\Users[profile]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar.
• Edit properties on the now pinned shortcut to include the same "-P [profile] -no-remote" in the target.
Repeat this procedure for every profile you would like to pin separately to your taskbar and each profile will have its own grouping accordingly.