I have several Firefox profiles and I have them pinned to my taskbar.
Since i installed windows 7 SP1 I can no longer have both there. Is there a way to fix this so that I can have multiple instances of the same program pinned at once?
In case anyone stumbles upon this, it's actually really simple to setup Firefox profiles to group into separate taskbar pins like the Chrome profile manager works.
I like to have a separate "personal" and "work" Firefox profile with separate shortcuts pinned side by side:
• Launch Firefox and go to about:config.
• Add New > Boolean > "taskbar.grouping.useprofile" > true.
• Next, close and relaunch a new instance of Firefox using RUN > "firefox.exe -P [profile] -no-remote"
• Pin this app icon to the taskbar.
• Now, navigate to C:\Users[profile]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar.
• Edit properties on the now pinned shortcut to include the same "-P [profile] -no-remote" in the target.
Repeat this procedure for every profile you would like to pin separately to your taskbar and each profile will have its own grouping accordingly.
You either pin an application or a document to an application. I guess you want the first behavior where you have more than one pinned application on the taskbar itself. I thus suggest you to rename each instance of Firefox and leave the default (in which new links should open) named
So you have:
Then just change the shortcut properties so that each loads a different profile.