Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

In laptop store i saw a laptop, which provides user to make additional functions by using touchpad. For example if you move two fingers seperately it makes zoom in, if you move your finger up and down, it makes reload.

I have forgotten the software name. Do you know its name? Thank you.

share|improve this question
up vote 4 down vote accepted

The problem here is that the software is very closely related to the hardware, so the program is most likely made by touchpad manufacturer.

For example my touchpad made by Synaptics can provide additional features using Synaptics' Scrybe software. So even though my touchpad predates multitouch, I can use two finger zoom, three finger tap and swipe, symbol recognition and so on.

share|improve this answer

It's called multi-touch, and it's a feature that has to be supported in hardware, not just software.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .