Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

On Mac OS, I'm extensively using the emacs-like bindings (C-a to go to the beginning of line, C-k to delete the whole line, etc.) I'd like to emulate this behaviour on Windows, so I'd like to press ctrl-a to home, ctrl-k to run a script that deleted the rest of the line (or perhaps a macro: shift down, end, shift up, delete). What program should I use?

share|improve this question

You can try Autohotkey ( ). You can pretty much do whatever you want with it, and if you stick to keyboard shortcuts it is not too difficult.

share|improve this answer
Agree with Anne, AHK is great – James Apr 6 '11 at 21:57

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.