Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

On Mac OS, I'm extensively using the emacs-like bindings (C-a to go to the beginning of line, C-k to delete the whole line, etc.) I'd like to emulate this behaviour on Windows, so I'd like to press ctrl-a to home, ctrl-k to run a script that deleted the rest of the line (or perhaps a macro: shift down, end, shift up, delete). What program should I use?

share|improve this question

You can try Autohotkey ( ). You can pretty much do whatever you want with it, and if you stick to keyboard shortcuts it is not too difficult.

share|improve this answer
Agree with Anne, AHK is great – James Apr 6 '11 at 21:57

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .