For Windows users:
The simplest method is to head over to LG's UK site for the LGP990 and grab the "WINDOWS USB Driver". Make sure your phone isn't plugged in before installing the drivers; you can plug it in once the installation wizard finishes.
If that doesn't work for you, LG also provides a software updater from which the USB drivers can also be installed (adapted from this forum post, although it is for a different Optimus model):
- Make sure the Optimus 2X Speed is not connected to your PC.
- Download the LG Mobile Support Tool from LG's support website and start it with administrator privileges.
- From the "Options & Help" menu, click "Country & Language", then select "Singapore" and language "English" and press OK.
- Wait until the application is done communicating, then hit the rather obscure "Install USB driver" button.
- A list of models appears. The model number of the "Optimux 2X Speed" is LGP990, so find it in the list and double-click it.
- Wait until all the drivers have been installed and you receive a confirmation that everything's finished.
- Plug the Optimux 2X Speed in via USB and Windows should automatically finish installing the drivers.
When everything's finished, the LG Mobile Support Tool should show that your phone is connected. You may safely close that window. You're all done!
Troubleshooting for custom ROMs
Check the Device Manager. When your phone is attached and you can see a "USB Composite Device" that is not properly installed, follow the following steps (adapted from this forum post):
- Right click the "USB Composite Device" with an exclamation point on it and select "Update Driver Software".
- Select "Browse my computer", then "Let me pick".
- Choose "Have disk", and browse to where the LG Drivers are installed (by default
C:\Program Files\LG Electronics\LG United Mobile Driver\) and select
- Select "LGE Android Platform Composite USB Device" from the list of drivers and press "Next".
- Wait for the drivers to finish installing. The "USB Composite Device" is now resolved, but some other components now appear as not properly installed. Simply unplug the phone and plugged it back in and it should finish installing correctly.