Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I just upgraded to Firefox 4 and can't seem to find a feature I used quite often:

If I accidentally close a tab, I could right-click and select an option to reopen the closed tab.

Where is this feature in Firefox 4?

share|improve this question
up vote 29 down vote accepted

Right-click on an existing tab and select Undo Close Tab.

The keyboard shortcut is the same: Ctrl + Shift + T. (Mac OS X it's + Shift + T.)

share|improve this answer
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!! – confused Apr 12 '11 at 14:01
Thanks. I always used the history tab and re-opened it there. +1 – Xavierjazz Apr 12 '11 at 14:18
Works in Google Chrome, too. – Uwe Keim Apr 12 '11 at 19:27
works in ie9 too – obelix Apr 12 '11 at 21:40
It's grayed out for me, so this doesn't seem to work... – Mateen Ulhaq Apr 12 '11 at 22:37

If I click the "Firefox" button I can still navigate to History > Recently Closed Tabs.

share|improve this answer

Al Everett is correct. If you are looking for the shortcut in a Mac OS X system, it's command + shift + T

share|improve this answer

I personally use an add-on called Tab Mix Plus. Among other things, it allows you to restore tabs by showing a "recently closed tabs" list when you right-click the tab bar.

share|improve this answer

I also use Ctrl + F12, but can't work out if it's a Firefox standard or from an add-on.

share|improve this answer
Must be an add-on; doesn't work for me. – Al E. Apr 12 '11 at 19:20
that's tab mix plus' hotkey (also @AlEverett) – Tobias Kienzler Apr 13 '11 at 6:24

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .