Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I just upgraded to Firefox 4 and can't seem to find a feature I used quite often:

If I accidentally close a tab, I could right-click and select an option to reopen the closed tab.

Where is this feature in Firefox 4?

share|improve this question
up vote 29 down vote accepted

Right-click on an existing tab and select Undo Close Tab.

The keyboard shortcut is the same: Ctrl + Shift + T. (Mac OS X it's + Shift + T.)

share|improve this answer
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!! – confused Apr 12 '11 at 14:01
Thanks. I always used the history tab and re-opened it there. +1 – Xavierjazz Apr 12 '11 at 14:18
Works in Google Chrome, too. – Uwe Keim Apr 12 '11 at 19:27
works in ie9 too – obelix Apr 12 '11 at 21:40
It's grayed out for me, so this doesn't seem to work... – Mateen Ulhaq Apr 12 '11 at 22:37

If I click the "Firefox" button I can still navigate to History > Recently Closed Tabs.

share|improve this answer

Al Everett is correct. If you are looking for the shortcut in a Mac OS X system, it's command + shift + T

share|improve this answer

I personally use an add-on called Tab Mix Plus. Among other things, it allows you to restore tabs by showing a "recently closed tabs" list when you right-click the tab bar.

share|improve this answer

I also use Ctrl + F12, but can't work out if it's a Firefox standard or from an add-on.

share|improve this answer
Must be an add-on; doesn't work for me. – Al E. Apr 12 '11 at 19:20
that's tab mix plus' hotkey (also @AlEverett) – Tobias Kienzler Apr 13 '11 at 6:24

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.