For some reason when I start a full screen application (like a game), or change resolutions, it takes 10-30 seconds for anything to happen. This also happens when the screensaver activates or deactivates.
Basically it looks something like this:
- Start application
- Screens go blank, audio stops
- At this point everything seems frozen
- Left screen wakes up
- Middle screen wakes up
- Right screen wakes up
- Things un-freeze, audio continues
This whole sequence tends to take quite a while at worst, and it's pretty annoying to wait, especially if you're running a game and for example want to alt-tab between it and some other app you're running. It can also happen multiple times per app-launch (eg. if it's a game which runs at a different resolution)
This only begins to happen after Windows has been running for a while. It works beautifully for a while after rebooting, but then it becomes like this.
If anyone has any ideas on what could be the cause of this, or any ideas for a solution, I'd be happy to hear them. This is quite frustrating at times.
- Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
- Intel Core i7 920 clocked at 4 GHz
- 12 GB RAM
- ATI Radeon HD 5870
- Three monitors, with resolutions as: 1920x1080, 1920x1200, 1920x1080, all connected to the Radeon, 2 via DVI (into separate DVI ports), 1 via DisplayPort