Take the 2-minute tour ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Im on Ubuntu, and using gedit for some minor programming stuff, and was wondering if anyone knows a keyboard shortcut to switch between the text area and the bottom pane (bottom pane = shell / command prompt or whatever theyre calling it now). Ive seen how-to for opening / closing panes, and switching tabs, but starting to think switching between bottom pane / text area isnt doable. Not a biggie, just an efficiency thing.

share|improve this question

1 Answer 1

Press Ctrl+Tab to go to bottom pane and Ctrl+Shift+Tab to go back.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.