When I right click on my task bar and click on Start Task Manager it gives me an error
Windows cannot find "C:\windows\system32\taskmgr.exe" Make sure you have typed the name correctly and try again.
So I tried executing task manager from system32 directory, still it gives me the same error.
Has my task manager gone corrupt ? If so how can I reinstall it?
Additional information for the case:
sfc /verifyonlyresulted in
Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
- On Windows 7 Home Premium Engish 64bit: size of "C:\Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe" is 257 024 bytes, it's md5 is 09f7401d56f2393c6ca534ff0241a590, crc-32 is d5b3f6f7.
- Permissions of taskmgr.exe are:
Read & execute + Readfor SYSTEM, Administrators and Users,
Full Controlfor TrustedInstaller
- virustotal.com says the file is virus-free
- in Windows Logs/Application I found a warning by winlogon saying
The Windows logon process has failed to spawn a user application. Application name: taskmgr.exe. Command line parameters: taskmgr.exe /3 .that is apparently relavant to the problem,
- in Windows Logs/System I found an error by "VDS Basic Provider" saying
Unexpected failure. Error code: 490@01010004that is apparently relavant to the problem