I been having issues with connecting to an encrypted network. All encrpyted networks that are in range show that they have 0 signal in networmanager, however it can see that they are there. When I run
iwlist wlan0 scan i get:
Cell 03 - Address: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX ESSID:"XXXXXXX" Protocol:IEEE802.11bg Mode:Master Channel:11 Encryption key:on Bit Rates:54 Mb/s Extra: Rates (Mb/s): 1 2 5.5 11 6 9 12 18 24 36 48 54 Quality:100 Signal level:0 Noise level:136 Extra: Last beacon: 1ms ago
I can how ever connect to any un-secured network from my phones AP
I have a fresh install of Arch Linux 2010.05 running a 2.6.38 kernel. The wireless card im using is a Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8191SEvB Wireless LAN with vender issued drivers that I have used in previous installations. My desktop enviromnet is Gnome 3
The odd thing is that I just installed this OS on my old hard drive last week and everything worked. I just upgraded to a SSD to replace my hard drive, and I been having issues with the wireless since I started the install.
I tested using wicd, it works, however it kept giving my dbus issues on startup.
I was wondering if any of you would have ideas, if you need more info please feel free to ask.