Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

In Windows 7/Ultimate – somehow or another the right-click/new entry on the desktop no longer includes an entry for an Office Word 2007 document. How do I go about adding it back in?

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

You could try to follow the guidelines from Microsoft here: "How to add an Object to the New Object List". It involves editing the Registry, shouldn't be too hard, though.

I guess a safer way would be to just reinstall Office as it shouldn't delete any preferences but just restore everything.

share|improve this answer
well,I tried playing with the registry. No luck. So I just reinstalled from a recent download from MSDN and entered into "Repair Mode"– and that worked like a champ. Problem solved! – greenber Apr 22 '11 at 0:37

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.