I just built my new PC 2 days ago. It works extremely well, except that it can't go into hybrid sleep mode.
My PC is running Windows 7 Professional X64
With hybrid sleep allowed, when I click sleep, the screen goes black and the computer shuts down (no lights, no fans, nothing). The power LED is off clompetely (no blinking). Clicking the mouse or keyboard has no effect, the PC wont wake up. If I push the power button, the PC starts and I get the screen telling we Windows crashed and it asks me if I want to run in safe mode or not.
I am able to put the PC to sleep by disallowing hybrid sleep, but that is pretty useless. It simply cuts output to the display while most components stay active (all the fans keep turning). In this case, I can awake the PC using the keyboard or mouse.
- Motherboard: MSI P67A-GD65 (B3)
- DVD: Samsung SH-S243D/BEBE 24X Black
- Heatsink: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus
- Case: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced
- Power Supply: OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W
- RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
- HDD: Western Digital WD1002FAEX
- GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6950 XXX 830MHZ 1GB 5.2GHZ
In the BIOS, i have set the 2 options in ACPI Settings to:
- ACPI Stanby state = S3 (other choice is S1)
- Power LED = Blinking (other choice is Dual Color)
What should I do to make hybrid sleep work?