I just scanned a lot of documents (invoices, etc.) and am trying to find a way to manage them.
- As I have a multi-document feeder, I like to scan them all without sorting, write the filename (number) on the original paper and archive it in a big box in my attic.
- I'd like to be able to sort or tag them on the computer. I need to be able to quickly find them by tag / date / etc.
- As such, ocr would be handy (just for searching, as metadata; doesn't need to be perfect).
- I have them as jpg files. My printer software can convert them to pdf.
- Versioning would be welcome
- I need to be able to manage them from different computers. If possible, web-based interface, but I also would like to have them as files on my harddisk, if possible
- Open source software more than welcome (I'm not going to pay a lot for that).
I also happen to receive some documents by electronic means, mostly as pdf. The soft should be able to handle those.
For the moment, I'm just using Picasa, which let me do part of that (tagging, searching, web folder), but I'd like a solution that is more adapted to my requirements.
My client pc's run windows, but I have a dedicated pc where I can install about any software.