Hey guys, thanks for looking. I have an ATI FirePro™ V3700 in my desktop machine, and I have been running a dual-monitor setup quite effortlessly, thanks to the two DVI ports on the card. I came upon a third monitor, and wanted to extend my desktop to 3 screens, so I purchased a DVI splitter from Amazon. Now, I can only duplicate the second monitor onto the third, not extend it. I've tried all possible combinations of input to no avail. Here's the setup:
- The ATI FirePro™ V3700 has two Dual-Link DVI-I outputs
- The splitter splits a single Dual-Link DVI-I port into two Dual-Link DVI-I outputs
- Two of the monitors are NEC E222W, and the third monitor is a Dell 2001FP. Each monitor has one D-Sub and one Dual-Link DVI-D input.
- Cables going from the video card to the monitors are two Dual-Link DVI-D to the NECs and one Single-Link DVI-D to the Dell.
Is the problem likely with the DVI-D/DVI-I mismatch? Or is it with the cable on the Dell that is only a Single-Link? The cables are easily replaceable, the monitors not so much. Thanks for your time, I really appreciate it.
- www dot newegg dot com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824002495
- accessories dot us dot dell dot com/sna/PopupProductDetail.aspx?cs=19&l=en&c=us&sku=320-1578
Apologies for the fudged links, I'm new here and they won't let me post more than two :P