How do I fix a corrupt Windows 7 installation by hooking it up to a brand new Windows 7 install?
Installed some Windows 7 yesterday, mostly just optional fixes and it installed an update to my IntelliType or IntelliPoint drivers (Keyboard & Mouse). It asked to reboot, computer gets to the Windows load screen and redirects to the repair utility. Repair utility failed, it said if I recently installed a device, unplug it and try to restart.
So among other things...
- I unplugged my keyboard and mouse, restarted. Nothing.
- Tried to fix mbr via diskpart selection and bootsect.exe and the other utility FixMbr etc...
- Do not have system restore or backup available
- Tried booting into safemode, still fails.
- Ran a hard drive test, but it returned mixed results, wasn'tmanufacturers. This is a cheapy Kingston 64GB SSD, but I think the Windows installation is clearly the problem, the Windows updates messed it all up.
I managed to hook up the drive to another drive I have that I just installed Windows 7 on, and I was able to get all of my files (pretty sure). Drive looked fine to me.
How can I go about fixing it?