I want the following features in a media player, or a combination of media players (ie: one for music and other for videos):
- When open, start playing please
- Configurable global hotkeys (next, previous, play/pause at least)
- Configurable file deletion hotkey
- Folder monitoring (updates the libraries automatically based on one folder's contents)
- Plays video (mkv, avi, etc)
- Deinterlace as default
- Remember that I want it to shuffle the songs, and shuffle the first song.
- Play video at original resolution even if it doesn't fits the screen.
- Simple interface
- Audio crossfading
- Don't make me look for codecs.
Current solutions (with respective missing features):
The KMPlayer -> on Windows 7 it is buggy. Couldn't make folder monitoring work yet. Doesn't shuffles the first song. However, it's my #1 choice on Windows XP.
SMPlayer -> hotkeys aren't working on Windows 7, no folder monitoring
VLC -> needs plugin for global hotkeys, deinterlacing isn't default and must be activated at each video. No folder monitoring. It forgets to shuffle each session. No crossfading.
jetAudio -> doesn't start playing right away, and it's difficult to play videos, horrible interface.
Windows Media Player -> global hotkeys only with plugin. As far as I know it is always missing a codec.
Media Player Classic -> Couldn't find global hotkeys, no folder monitoring.
Maybe the solution is in one or a combination of the options above, all I need is to configure them properly.