I am having a really weird problem. We have an intranet site/application that uses jquery and jqplot.
When trying to access pages on the site with every browser we've tested it works fine, except for Internet Explorer 8 for XP. Win 7 works fine with both IE8 and IE9. Here comes the weird part: when we access the site (in IE8 XP) with FQDN (dnsname.ourdomain.net) it doesn't work. When using DN (dnsname) only, computername or computername.ourdomain.net it works fine.
By not working I mean that the page does not load in full. Some objects fail to load while others load as expected. It's almost like the browser refuses to load some parts on the page due to some lookup error or something.
Maybe someone with knowledge of how XP/IE8 handles dns/caching/credentials or other fundamental issues of browser/os ... can shed some light on this subject.
A little more info:
When we try to access the pages linked from a root document which is an aspx-file it doesn't work. When trying dnsname.ourdomain.net, this points to a default.aspx. When clicking links in that document we get empty pages. If we restart the browser (IE8 on XP) and go directly to the full path: dnsname.ourdomain.net/path/to/file/Default.aspx it loads as expected. But only after restarting the browser.
Even more info (may 19):
I've pinpointed this even more down to that it is when using POST on wcf-webservices to retrive data from the webserver it doesn't work. Searched many threads regarding that paticular problem but so far nothing seems to resolve the problem. When running on XP/IE8 I get 400, bad request. When I try to debug with Fiddler i mysteriously work since (I think) it sets up some proxy to trap requests. Maybe this is becoming a question more fitting in Server Fault.