Sign up ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I want to know if there is a free video editing tool that can blur. For example: I want to blur out a person.

share|improve this question
For what operating system, Windows, linux, Mac, TRS-80? By blur do you mean censor part of a video or motion blur effects? –  Blomkvist May 5 '11 at 20:32
I'm thinking he means for censoring. I'm not sure of a video suite that does it magically on whatever platform. If you had to you could do that on an individual frame basis quite easily. There's DEFINITELY a better way though. –  hbdgaf May 5 '11 at 23:49
@Blomkvist I am using windows –  winter4w May 10 '11 at 1:50

1 Answer 1

Try Avidemux, Virtualdub, Cinellera, or Blender. To do this without any software besides Windows Movie Maker, just save a snapshot of each frame of the clip, then open up each frame in a program like Photoshop or Gimp or Greenfish Icon Editor or some version of Paint.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.