Since a couple of days, my Windows 7 x64 system only has a solid color background, the background image is missing. I tried quite a lot of options to get my background image back, but did not succeed yet:
- Tried changing the background image to something different
- Also tried changing the background image programmatically, using SystemParametersInfo()
- Switched between various predefined Win 7 themes, all show no background
- Installed SP1 (has not been installed yet)
- Recalculated the Windows performance index
Most interesting is that when pressing Windows+D, the background image appears for split second and is covered by the solid color immediately, as if there was some kind of "overlay". Windows is activated and recognised as original software btw.