Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am searching for a way (on a Windows machine) how to map a keystroke or multiple keystrokes that produce a specific Unicode character when pressed.

The applications that I found map to a function such as 'run another application', but I couldn't something that lets you map multiple keystrokes to output a string of predefined text.

share|improve this question
up vote 2 down vote accepted

Your best bet for this is a key combo mapper like AutoHotkey.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.