I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (RTM) on a box with the following specs:
- Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4GHz)
- 4GB DDR2 667 RAM
- Built-in Realtek 888 audio
- ATI Radeon 4890 graphics card
- Shuttle SD39P2 with 450 Watt Shuttle PC-55 power supply
- 320GB Western Digital 7200RPM hard drive
Whenever I fire up the Sims 3 or Trine on my machine, each game seems to crash my machine at the same point. I don't get a BSOD or crash to desktop with an error; the entire system just turns completely off (and won't turn back on again unless the master power switch on the back of the case is flipped). I can play other games without any issues.
I'm using the very latest drivers for my sound and graphics as of 8/23. Any ideas?