When installing Nero Suite 10 Essentials that came with my ASUS IDE DVD Writer on the Win7 x64 box, the installer prompts for the following items as a precondition to complete installation
- Microsoft VC Redist 2005 KB973544 (x86)
- Microsoft VC Redist 2008 SP1 (x86)
- Microsoft VC Redist 2008 KB973522 (x86)
- Direct3D 9 Extensions 9.12.589.0
- Direct3D 9 Extensions 9.19.949.46
- Direct3D 9 Extensions 9.12.949.1104
- Direct3D 9 Extensions 9.24.950.2656
- Reboot Validator
After accepting the precondition - the installer brought up a dialog with the message - "Nero requires that your computer is running Windows XP with at least SP3, Windows Vista with at least SP1 or Windows 7".
Upon OK-ing this message, another dialog (Yes/No) came up. This one said - "The installation of System Requirement Validator has failed. Setup will now exit."
I'm flummoxed. Why does the installer not recognize my Win 7 installation?