My current gaming desktop is connected to router via few meters of class 5 UTP. But I have to move it to another room, and I'm reluctant to drill holes in the wall to get cables trough. Currently I have simple SOHO Wi-Fi G router with only internal antenna. Quick test with laptop showed some 10ms extra latency, but I'm not sure it that's the best Wi-Fi can do. I have few doubts:
- What order of latency would Wi-Fi add in ideal situation (as compared with 100Mb Ethernet)?
- How much does it depend on quality of Wi-Fi router?
- How much does it depend on version of Wi-Fi used (
- How much better do "gaming" routers perform?
- How much better MIMO with 3 antennas will perform?